I decided to invest what money I had in the bank in a Type 3 VW which I found in Spain near Valencia.
I really enjoyed owning this squareback for just over a year and used it to take my kayak to the beach at sunrise.. great running engine, great on motorway, no issues with it in time I had it.
It was a USA Specification 1600 fuel injection, was a blast to own and drive and I only sold it as I wanted the more upright seating position of a T2 early bay.
So with heavy heart I sold it to a guy from NE France…
1972 Volkswagen Squareback (Variant 1600LE) Type 3
Special USA edition
Car was kept in Spain and had restoration in 2005. Current owner purchased in 2017 from owner in Spain where it was only used 30km maximum each week just to keep engine running..
• Finished in Royal Red (originally car was pastel white).
• It was restored in 2005 and still remains in excellent condition both inside and outside the car!
• It has the Injection 1584 c.c. engine, 54 hp eg 1600LE
• TMI upholstery inside with new carpets and seat covers etc..
• It has a Flat 4 roof rack.
• Original Westfalia tow hitch.
• Period Australian external metal sunvisor.
• Door handle shields.
• Wegu mud flaps.
• Window chrome vent trims.
• Period under dash parcel tray.
• Kamei central black parcel tray.
• Chrome rubber bumper guards.
• Sprint Star wheels.
• Blaupunkt radio.
• CD player hidden inside glove box.
• Rear seat accessory head rests.
• Rear seat belts.
• Car comes in box of spares and copy of full parts lists for original car and also VW Certificate confirming car and also the original ITV stamps from its controls
Videos of car can be seen at: